Smiles from e&, one of the largest lifestyle engagement programmes in the UAE revealed its top customer trends on the application sharing insights on customer’s favorite restaurants to food.
Highlights on the app
- Smiles users saved over AED 200 Million in the year, making it the most inflation-friendly App during the year
- Over 10,000 restaurants and 500+ Grocery stores were added to the Smiles App in the year, making it one of the largest one-stop shop for UAE residents’ every day needs
- Over 6500+ brands available on the app
- McDonald’s was the restaurant that was most ordered from in the year
- COOPs were the most ordered from on Grocery delivery
- Noon, Carrefour, Amazon & Lulu were the most sought after gift vouchers on Smiles (popular with its instant gifting option & able to redeem Smiles points as well as earn points while gifting)
- Tim Horton’s, Krispy Kreme, Baskin Robbins and Burger King were the most used discount vouchers for dining
- Customers exchanged several millions of AED worth points to & from various loyalty programs on Smiles – including rewards from Shukran, ADNOC, Gems & Emirates Islamic Bank
On the Smiles food delivery
- It’s fiery, it’s aromatic: Biryani was the top dish ordered for lunch. Smiles offered over 1000+ restaurants with Biryani option
- The only bad burger is the one you didn’t eat: Smiles offered than 550 restaurant brands offering a vast variety of Burgers. It is the most ordered item by Emiratis (more than a third of their orders)
- Smiles offered BBQ from 1300+ restaurants’ brands. it is the top most ordered food item usually craved at dinner time (More than fifth of all dinner orders)
- More than 50% of Smiles food orders contains at least one chicken item
- When it comes to food Indians & Jordanians are best friends (More than half of Falafel & Kunafa food orders on Smiles are made by Indian nationals)
- The Smiles users were also very generous, donating more than 400,000 meals during Ramadan in 2022 along with their food orders
On Smiles Grocery Delivery
- COOPs were the most popular store type for Grocery orders! 37 percent of our delivered orders were from Local COOPs in each Emirate across the UAE. We are dedicated to supporting local business in sustainable ways
- AED5,639 is the value of our largest household order in 2022, included 304 items and delivered within 2 hours in a single delivery
Smiles also made acquisitions in the last year, elGrocer, a leading online marketplace for groceries operating in all seven Emirates of the UAE and ServiceMarket a marketplace for 30+ household services. These acquisitions are in line with the Group’s strategy to empower consumers, strengthen Smiles online marketplace presence and drive diversification of its business.
Smiles offers deals and rewards on e& services, food and grocery deliveries as well as dining, shopping, entertainment, wellness and travel benefits. Smiles currently supports more than 3.5 million registered members and is open to all citizens, residents and visitors of the UAE. New customers can download the Smiles app from the iOS App store, Android Play store or Huawei AppGallery to start enjoying great benefits right away.
Source: Press Release